All Saints Church
Mackworth Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Mackworth a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how the Parish Council conducts business and what we do.
Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
12 May – Community News from Derbyshire County Council – Decision on homes for older people,, free second-hand office furniture for community groups, Shine a Light returns to local landmarks, Public Involvement fund, Mental health awareness week, coun
12 May – Community News from Derbyshire County Council – Decision on homes for older people,, free second-hand office furniture for community groups, Shine a Light returns to local landmarks, Public Involvement fund, Mental health awareness week, countryside safety (govdelivery.com)
Posted: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:48 by Parish Clerk
1 March – Community News from Derbyshire County Council – flood hardship fund, landslips damage to county roads, Food Waste Action Week,
Posted: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 15:18 by Parish Clerk
When can I sign up?
The garden waste payments page for the service is now open and the charging scheme has been amended to include compensation payments for the service suspension and delays to collections in 2021. The council apologises for the disruption. More »
When do garden waste collections start?
Garden waste will be collected from Monday 21 February 2022 and finish on Friday 25 November 2022.
The garden waste collection service is available to all residents in Amber Valley except for residents who either have their waste collected in bags or use communal waste facilities.
How much does the 2022 garden waste service cost?
The cost of the service to new subscribers will remain unchanged for 2022.
For garden waste customers who already have a bin, the cost of the collection service is:
- £45 for their garden waste bin to be collected for a year.
New customers who wish to receive the garden waste service will pay:
- £20 for a garden waste bin to be purchased and delivered to their property; and
- £45 for their garden waste bin to be collected for a year.
Customers can order a second garden waste bin for their property and this will cost:
- £20 for the bin to be purchased and delivered to their property; and
- £20 for their second garden waste bin to be collected for a year.
Customers that already have more than one garden waste bin will pay:
- £45 for their first garden waste bin to be collected for a year; and
- £20 for each additional bin to be collected for a year.
Compensation for suspended collections
The council apologises for any inconvenience caused by the service suspensions during 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, closure of the waste transfer station and HGV driver shortages.
To compensate current subscribers for the missed garden waste collections due to the suspension, the council will reduce the cost of next years' service. In total, 5 collections were not done due to the service suspension and 1 collection was not done due to the service delays following the restart.
Therefore, for renewing subscribers the reduced cost for 2022 will be:
- For subscribers with 1 bin, the service charge will be £31.50
- For subscribers with 2 bins, the service charge will be £45.50
- For subscribers with 3 bins, the service charge will be £59.50
- For subscribers with 4 bins, the service charge will be £73.50
- For subscribers with 5 bins, the service charge will be £87.50
If you have moved house since paying for the service in 2021 please ring in and pay over the phone (01773 841326) so the correct discount for your garden waste bin(s) can be applied.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in these unprecedented times.
How can you pay for your garden waste bin
The easiest way to pay for your garden waste bin is:
- online via our garden waste payments page; or
- by calling 01773 841326
When should you pay for your garden waste bin?
The garden waste payments page for the service is now open.
Paying early ensures customers have sufficient time to receive their 2022 tamper proof bin sticker and any new bin(s) they have ordered. Please note that at busy times it may take up to 15 working days to process requests to join the service.
Therefore, if customers are not signed up by early January 2022 they may not receive their sticker and or new bins before collections start.
Garden waste bins without a 2022 tamper proof sticker attached will not be emptied.
Can I still pay for the garden waste service if collections have already started?
Customers can sign up for the garden waste service throughout the collection year. However, the cost of the service will remain at £45 for the year and will not be reduced for late payment.
Any missed garden waste collections due to payments not being received in time will not be refunded.
Garden waste sticker 2022
After paying for the 2022 service, customers will receive a letter from the council which contains their tamper proof garden waste bin sticker and collection dates.
The 2022 bin sticker must be fixed to the back of the garden waste bin to prove the collection fee has been paid. Any missed garden waste collections due to stickers not being placed on the bin, will not be refunded.
Garden waste collection dates
Customers can also use the bin collection dates page to find out when their garden waste bin will be emptied.
The garden waste bin collection dates are written on the back of the letter containing the 2022 sticker. Customers should keep their letter so they know when their garden waste bin will be collected.
- Grass cuttings
- Weeds and plants
- Cut flowers
- Small branches (no larger than 3 inches/7.5cm in diameter)
- Food waste (cooked or uncooked including fallen fruit and garden vegetables)
- Bio-degradable bin liners - why can I not put this in my bin?
- Compostable film made from plant matter - why can I not put this in my bin?
- Plastic (plant pots, seed trays, plastic bags)
- Household waste
- Animal bedding
- Animal faeces
Garden waste collection policy
- Please make sure your bin is put out for collection by 6:30am on collection day.
- Your bin lid must be closed properly.
- Missed collections of garden waste must be reported by 12 noon on the next working day.
- Extra bags of garden waste by the side of the bin will not be collected unless authorised by the council.
- Garden waste must be put loose into the garden waste bin.
- Garden waste MUST NOT be put inside any plastic or paper bags even if these bags are classed as biodegradable.
- Garden waste bins that contain unacceptable items of waste will not be emptied.
- If garden waste is stuck or frozen inside your garden waste bin the council will not return to empty the bin but will take additional garden waste on the next collection day.
- For further information please read our full terms and conditions of the garden waste collection service.
Existing customers that no longer wish to receive garden waste collections
If you are an existing customer and you do not wish to receive the garden waste service in 2022, please note that the council does not intend to remove your garden waste bin.
If you do not wish to use the garden waste service and would prefer to compost at home, you can purchase a discounted compost bin through the scheme run by Derbyshire County Council.
Helping the environment
Participating in the garden waste service is beneficial to the environment and residents too! The service assists residents to get rid of their garden waste throughout the growing season.
Your garden waste is taken to a site in Derbyshire for composting. Using specialist equipment a waste contractor shreds and grades the garden waste. The shredded garden waste is then shaped into windrows to rot down to produce compost. At the end of the decomposition process the final product is a compost / soil improver that is re-used instead of being disposed of in a landfill site.
How much garden waste has been collected so far?
Each year, residents in Amber Valley help the council collect around 4,500 to 5,000 tonnes of garden waste.
Thank you for supporting this service!Need further help or information?
Posted: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:01 by Parish Clerk